- To ensure we are producing individuals that have an interest and awareness of the world around them.
- To develop pupils that exhibit independence and resilience in their approach to an engaging and challenging curriculum.
- Our aim is for all pupils to be able to enjoy and flourish in humanities throughout their time at ACB.
- Through the teaching strategies used, we are trying to develop independent learning skills that can be applied across the curriculum. ∙ Our focus is to further develop an enquiry led curriculum, this will be achieved through a knowledge-rich curriculum.
- Skill development will weave throughout the schemes of learning in order for pupils to utilise the opportunity to then apply these skills with the knowledge they have acquired.
- Assessment will be monitored through regular moderation, learning walks, sharing of best practice and PM observations.
- CPD to develop subject knowledge is regularly considered and discussed.
- Building knowledge in history and geography so that pupils have an understanding of the world around them and the context of our history.
- Developing the necessary skills for KS4 and developing engagement across the subject.
- This impact is further supported by the extracurricular activities we have in place to engage with the wider world.