Careers at the ACB
The ACB provides high quality careers advice and guidance to support all of our students. Our programme has been designed in line with the statutory requirements and guidance set out by the government. This is developed throughout a student’s time at the school through impartial advice and exploring a range of pathways including university options, college places or apprenticeships and work, and is always supportive of each individual’s aspirations, strengths, skills and needs. The focus of the support is aimed at post-16 destinations and beyond which will maximise the aspirations of each and all of our students.
Aims of our Programme
- Prepare students for the transition to life beyond secondary school (further education and work)
- Support students in making informed decisions which are suitable and ambitious for them
- Provide students with well-rounded experiences
- Develop characteristics e.g. social skills, communication, innovation, resilience and leadership which support students in the curriculum and in their careers
- Inspire and motivate students to develop their aspirations
We do this by:
- A dedicated team of experienced and trained staff
- Advice and support given through 1:1 interviews and discussions
- A bespoke and dedicated careers program delivered through PSHRE
- Clear links within all of our vocational and core subjects to the world of work and the world beyond school
- Opportunities for Work Experience in years 10 and 11.
- Supported visits to college and university open days, visits to places of work or apprenticeships, Careers Fair, National Apprenticeship week activities, National Careers Service activities and workshops, 4YP advice interviews, support with the transition to Post-16
- Working closely with wider professionals to best support the aspirations and transition for every student