Intent: For pupils to receive a high-quality Art education through a curriculum which:
- Pupils develop a critical understanding of the impact of Art on the wider world.
- Pupils learn more about the world around them through the evaluation and analysis of past and present Art from the UK and other cultures.
- Pupils learn to express themselves and their emotions through art
- Pupils learn using a mixture traditional techniques and new technology
- Pupils to be taught the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage in an iterative process of designing and making, which allows significant opportunities for self, peer and group feedback.
- SOW focus on developing literacy and numeracy skills in practical situations.
- Pupils learn and employ subject specific vocabulary.
- Projects work through the specific stages of research, design, creation of a final piece/product and evaluation
- Pupils learn how to take risks and work collaboratively, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable citizens