Level 1 Principal Learning of Construction and the Built Environment
Course Duration: 1 Year
Guided Learning: Minimum 6 hours
Course Location: KingslandStotfold
Who is the course for?
Anyone who wishes to progress within the Construction Industry and develop personal skills to further their career.
The course covers a range of skills including bricklaying, carpentry and painting & decorating.
What will I learn?
- Influences that affect the planning and design process, sustainability and good design, properties of construction materials.
- Design the built environment: applying design principles and career opportunities.
- Create the built environment using hand tools.
- Creating the built environment using methods and materials.
- Value and use the built environment and its social impact.
- Maintaining the built environment and common defects.
- The use of modern methods in construction.
How will I be assessed?
Students are assessed internally through observation of activities, witness statements, photographs and presentation to build a portfolio of evidence. External assessment will be done through a final exam and external verification.
What can I do after the course?
- Progress into Further Education/ Higher Education.
- Apply for an Apprenticeship in the construction industry.
- Gain employment in the construction industry.
- Choose a vocational subject that you may wish to study.