IMIAL Level 1 Award or Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance (QCF)
Course Duration: 1-2 Years
Guided Learning: Minimum 2-4 hours
Course Location: KingslandStotfold
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at those who have a genuine interest in car mechanics and would perhaps like to explore a career in the automotive trade.
IMI is an Industry recognised qualification and the level 1 course is the step on the ladder to becoming a qualified mechanic.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety in the automotive workshop.
- How to use the tools needed to carry out service & repair work on vehicles.
- Equipment commonly used in automotive workshops.
- The various materials used in the construction of vehicles.
- Operating principles of various vehicle systems (e.g. engine, brakes and cooling systems).
- The role of key components on a vehicle.
- How to safely carry out different maintenance & repair procedures.
How will I be assessed?
Students are assessed through demonstrating knowledge (theory work), competence in practical work (being observed carrying out set tasks) and providing evidence (job sheets for completed practical work).
In addition students are required to complete an online test.
What can I do after the course?
- Gain access to further education.
- Apply for an apprenticeship.
- Progress to Level 2.