City and guilds/BTEC level 1 in Caring for children
Course Duration: 2
Guided Learning: 3 hours per week minimum
Course Location: KingslandStotfold
Who is the course for?
These qualifications provide an introduction to caring for children and help develop the skills and
knowledge you need to care for children. Learners are introduced to a wide range of topics including
communicating with children, engaging children through activities, supporting learning and planning
for the care of children's physical and emotional needs.
What will I learn?
The course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to care for young children. It includes units that cover the following areas;
- Growth and development of young children
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Human growth and development
- Respecting and valuing children
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Preparing for your next steps
- Supporting babies to play
- Craft activities for young children
How will I be assessed?
This qualifications is assessed by internally marked and externally moderated assignments including a practical assignment where by students are encouraged to lead a session with other students.
What can I do after the course?
College options- Level 2 in Caring for children or similar
- Nursery assistant
- Crèche worker
- Day care supervisor
- Children’s holiday representative