BTEC Award, Certificate or Diploma in Health and Social Care
Course Duration: 1 Year
Guided Learning: Minimum 4 hours
Course Location: Stotfold
Who is the course for?
This course covers a range of units that will appeal to anyone that is interested in progressing to employment in the health and social care sector.
This course would suit any student that is interested in finding out how to develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
What will I learn?
- Managing your health at work.
- Preparing and learning for a work placement.
- Introduction to creative and leisure activities for children and adults.
- Promoting healthy eating.
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work.
- The role of the carer at meal times.
- Learning experiences for children and young people.
How will I be assessed?
Students are assessed internally through performance observation, presentations, projects, tests, extended writing and photographs that will build up a portfolio of evidence. You may also be able to take part in practical placements throughout the course.
What can I do after the course?
- GCSE’s and A levels.
- Level 2 First Award.
- Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- Extended certificates in the Health and Social care sector.
- Enter further or Higher Education.
- To gain employment in the private and public sector organisations for example: Nurse, psychotherapy and physiotherapy, child day care and non-residential social care.